OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully as they will form a contract between us and
you; your acceptance of which is agreed from the moment you sign our Website Agreement,
Hosting Agreement or Support Agreement.
We have tried to keep these Terms and Conditions in brief, easy to understand, and as
straightforward as possible. If you have any questions however, please do not hesitate to
You ('the Client')
Us (First Class Web Design, and referred to as 'the Company')
The Project the
body of work that is being undertaken, normally consisting of several
connected parts, such as consultation, graphic design, website application development, domain name and/or hosting
What do both parties agree to?
The Client agrees to:
- Provide the Company, within a reasonable timescale, everything that is requested from
you to complete the Project including
text, images and other information.
Provide the Company with text and images in the format as stated below (see
photographs and images)
- Review the Company's work, provide feedback, and signoff
approval in a timely
- Make every effort to adhere to all agreed deadlines.
- Adhere to the payment schedule laid out on our prices page
(www.Webspool.in/prices), or agreed separately for bespoke work.
- Advise, in advance, of any confidential information to be presented by email, written, or
verbally, between both parties. Also, for this to be marked as 'confidential' in the
subject of the email, or clearly on any written documents.
- Provide a minimum of one months notice in writing, or by email should you wish to
cancel any contract.
The Company agrees to:
- Carry out services in a professional and timely manner.
- Make every effort to adhere to any deadlines agreed between us and you.
- Make a reasonable number of revisions to the design, layout, colours etc, until you are
satisfied with the design concept or such time as both parties feel an agreement is
likely to be reached but no more than 2 major revisions. Additional revisions or design
work outside the scope of the project will be charged separately.
- Endeavour to complete requested website revisions or updates within 48 hours,
wherever possible. Revision entitlement per month is dependant on your support
package see www.webspool.in/hostingandsupport
- Maintain up to date skills and knowledge through regular training and research.
- Contact you before the end of the first 12 month period, to discuss the various options
open to you for continuing website maintenance and support and/or hosting.
- All websites are developed to work primarily across all major browsers and platforms
including other devices such as mobile phones and touchpads. However, the Company
cannot guarantee complete and/or long term compatibility across every major browser,
platform or handheld device due to updates/upgrades by their respective vendors.
- The Company cannot guarantee compatibility in old or redundant browser software.
Payments and Contract Lengths:
- All payment schedules can be found on our prices page
(www.webspool.in/prices), or will be agreed separately for bespoke work.
The company has the right to charge the client up to 85% of the total web development
costs, should the client cancel the website agreement after the design concepts have
been agreed but prior to the website going live. The scale of the charge will be
dependent on what stage the project is at when the cancellation takes place.
- Once the site goes live any early cancellation of your standing order during the first 12
months will be deemed a break in contract. In this case you would be liable for the
balance of the contract to be paid with immediate effect plus a Rs.1000/- admin fee (The
admin fee covers time taken to discover the cancellation, generating an invoice and
- Alterations to standing order mandates to reflect new or changed contracts are the
sole responsibility of the client. Overpayments to the Company as a result of not
updating a standing order mandate will not be reimbursed to the Client.
Underpayments or missed payments, however, shall be backdated to the point at
which the underpayment or missed payment was discovered and the Client shall be
responsible for bringing their account up to date within a reasonable period of time.
- Contract lengths are normally 12 months unless agreed beforehand between the Client
and the Company. The Company requires a minimum 30 days notice to cancel a
support or hosting contract.
Photographs and Images:
- Any images or photographs that you supply should be in digital format, usually no
smaller than 1024x768 pixels, with a suitable resolution that will allow them to be
resized and used on screen. Traditional paper photographs requiring scanning are
acceptable, however, there may be additional costs incurred due to time spent
scanning and retouching the images. This depends entirely on the project and the
number of images involved.
- Any images that the company are asked to obtain from third party photographers or
stock photography will be charged as an additional cost.
- The Client guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs,
trademarks, or other artwork furnished to the Company for inclusion in their website, or
other design, are owned by the Client, or that the Client has permission from the
rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect,
indemnify and defend the Company and its subcontractors from any liability (including
solicitors fees and court costs), including any claim or suit, threatened or actual,
arising from the use of such elements furnished by the Client.
- Evidence of ownership or permissions may be requested by the Company.
- After the initial 12 month period, copyright is automatically assigned as follows:
- The Client will own, or have express permission to use, the text files, images, graphics
and any visual elements, video or sound bytes, that you may have sent to us to use in
connection with the project.
- The company will maintain copies of all the files used in connection with your project
and if you require a disc copy of all the files used in connection with your project, then
the company will be happy to supply this to you. Copies of the website files are
maintained by us for a reasonable time (usually at least one year), and if you are
hosting with us, then files are maintained both locally and on external servers.
- The copyright to the markup, CSS files, other code that may have been used by us for
you, or certain images that the company may have supplied to or for you are licensed
to you in connection with this web design project, and will be licensed solely to the
domain name on which the website files reside. If you own the domain name, then you
own the copyright.
- At the bottom of the website page(s) after payment has been completed, usually it will
say Copyright and the name of your business or company. The company do however
reserve the right as the Company responsible for the design and/or development to
place a small and unobtrusive link at the bottom of your website, thereby not hindering
or distracting from your own website design.
- As the design company the company also reserve the right to display and link to your
completed project as part of our portfolio, and to write about the project on other web
sites, in magazine or ezine articles, books, written or digital publications of any design
and source. Please inform us in advance of the website going live if you DO NOT want
us to add your site to our portfolio of work.
- To ensure superior levels of reliability and performance, all our clients websites are
hosted on a high speed, state of the art managed cloud server which utilizes a
guaranteed minimum uptime service availability level of 99.95%. Details of the exact
specification of our servers are freely available to all our clients and will be given upon
- The company will not be held liable for any missed launch date or deadline, if the
Client has been late in supplying materials, or has not approved or signed off work
at any stage.
- The Company adheres to all national and EU data protection, data transfer, data
retention, and confidentiality regulations and always stores data sent to us in a secure
manner within our security policy.
- A website will not launch until a standing order or BACS payment has been set up,
unless special agreement has been reached in advance.
- Additional costs for extra features and/or additional design costs, not covered by our
standard packages, will be agreed and invoiced before the website goes live. See
www.webspool.in/prices for a list of charges.
- If the Client does not respond to the Company’s request to discuss or choose ongoing
support options, the client will automatically be placed on what the company feels is
the most appropriate support package.
- A small admin fee is payable for switching the client to another hosting provider.
- Hosting only clients, will be charged at our normal hourly rate for any further changes
or updates to their website.
- There may be an additional fee for any design changes requested after the initial
agreed design has been signed off.
- The Company is not responsible for writing or inputting any text copy unless this has
been specified by the client.
- If you are hosting the website elsewhere, the Company cannot guarantee that the
website is fully compatible with all hosting provider's server operating systems,
especially any contact forms, Content Management Systems, database driven
- If the website is to be hosted elsewhere, then you will still pay the same monthly fee
- The company do not offer any technical support for any other web site hosting
company that you may choose (if you elect not to host the website with us).
- The company cannot guarantee that the functions contained within any web page (or
part of your website design), will always be error free, and therefore the company will
not be liable in any way whatsoever to you for any third party damages, including lost
profits, lost savings, or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out
of the operation of or inability to operate this web site and any other web pages, even if
you have advised us of the possibilities of such damages.
- If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason
unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and
shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Just the same as a fine, you cannot transfer this contract to anyone else without our
consent or permission.
- Although the company have tried to keep this contract language simple, the intentions
are serious, and the contract is a legal document under the exclusive jurisdiction of
English Law and Courts.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions:
First Class Web Design reserves the right to add, delete, or modify any provision of these Terms
and Conditions at any time without notice. Failure to receive notification of a change does not
make those changes invalid. These Terms and Conditions will always be available to download
or print from our website.